Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Little Pumpkins




















This weekend we took the kids to the pumpkin patch. I must say that I was very sceptical since we had always gone to Hubers Orchard when we lived in Louisville. I had visited Huber's as a kid and loved to passed that tradition onto my children. So, I had heard that there was a local farm where they had a fall fantasy land for the kids and pumpkins. We thought, why not, and loaded up the kids. I must say the 15 minute drive was much better than the 35 to 40 to Huber's. When we arrived the parking lot was loaded with pumpkins. We proceeded to investigate since it was our first visit. We did pay the addmission to enter fantasy land which proved to be so much fun for Madison and Max. There was a corn teepee, playsets, a hay mountain, petting zoo, zip line, train rides, giant swing, hay obstacle course, pig races, turkey races, hayrides and a corn maze. The farm was very pretty. The 30 Ft pumpkin made out of haybales was pretty neat.

Once we enjoyed all the festivities we picked out our pumpkins and visited the market. The kids were worn out by the time we left. I must say that it was a very fun experience. I also must admit that I think I liked it better than Huber's. Wow, did I really say that!

1 comment:

Becoming a family of 4 said...

Hey! Looks like you had fun at the pumpkin patch. Sorry I haven't called in a while, but I have been without a voice for a couple of weeks now. Talk to you soon.

Teresa

Listen to Blog


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones