Saturday, January 9, 2010


Well as some of you know we came to town for a few days this year for the Christmas holiday. We came early in anticipation to be in our own home on Christmas day. Our trip was very eventful and we enjoyed seeing friends and family. Our trip started out on Friday, Dec. 18th at 2:45. The kids got out of school and the van was packed and ready to head south. We enjoyed staying at Chris's grandmothers house. On Saturday, we started out early and went to visit some friends we had not seen in a while. We enjoyed sharing Krispy Kreme doughnuts with the Birds. Especially since the only one in Fort Wayne closed last year. Of course, this was the beginning of the packing on of the pounds for our trip. Once the children played and we caught up with the Birds we headed off to our next adventure. We visited with the Hayworths and headed to Flame Run to make a glass blown ornament with the kids. Madie and Max thought this was a neat experience even though it only lasted about 5 minutes. From there we went to the Saturday night performance of the Nutcracker. We thoroughly enjoyed the new performance and the changes that were made. Thank you Angie and Jason for the tickets! Madie and Max thought the Nutcracker was great and Madie has randomly been acting like a ballerina since. Sunday we went Christmas caroling with the Zoeller family. Chris headed back to Fort Wayne that night. When Chris left the kids and I headed to my sisters to spend the rest of our time. Monday we went to Grammy Fayes to bake our traditional Christmas cookies. As always the kids enjoyed making a mess and eating cookies. That night I met up with my old Bible study girls for a nice dinner. The next couple of days were filled with shopping and running. I visited with my dad and took him to breakfast and enjoyed visiting with him. Chris came back on Wednesday night. We had Christmas his family at his sisters house. We had a very nice dinner and opened presents. Then on Christmas eve we celebrated Christmas with my family. We headed home that evening with many tears being shed in the car. It was very hard to leave but good to be home sleeping in our own beds. What a whirlwind trip it was packed with many great memories.

No comments:

Listen to Blog

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones