Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fall is in the air!





***


Well fall seems to come more quickly here than it did in Louisville. So, we thought that it would be appropriate to kick off the season with apple dumplings. This is my Granny's tried and true recipe. It brings back so many memories, the smells and the sight of fresh made dough and apples. I must say that it makes me miss her terribly. I am thankful that I have this recipe to share with Madison and Max and pass on the tradition. It was also fun passing them out to friends and neighbors. Although, they have threatened to take a petition to have me kicked out of the neighborhood, or addition, as they say here. I thought I was doing something nice but they did not really care for the extra calories. Sorry friends!

Granny, thanks for such a great recipe and such amazing memories. You will never be forgotten.


***Unfortunately, there are no pictures of the finished product. I think we were too interested in eating them. I will try to do better next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the way he sticks out his tongue while using the apple peeler! My son does the same thing any time he's concentrating.
Kristin

Listen to Blog


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones